Saturday, October 1, 2011

Meeting the neighbors

Being home so much lends itself well to bumping into neighbors.

So far, I know we have:

An American, Matt, who lives with his Okinawan wife on the first floor (they're an older couple, she wanted to come back home, so they moved here a few days ago)

A very friendly Japanese firefighter, also on the first floor, who loves the dog

A young couple with an infant who live on the second floor

Two small children in the house next door whose mother tells them to go practice their English with foreigners, so they ask Elsa questions in broken English

And various other people (mostly singles) who now know me enough to know that it's okay to greet me in Japanese whenever we meet. And squee over Elsa.

Japan sure does live up to the stereotype of loving adorable and tiny things.

No nosy old ladies yet. But I'm not going to let myself get complacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment