Thursday, May 19, 2011

Looking at airfare

Looks like United is the only carrier to allow carry-on dogs on international flights. That works fine for me - it's $125 to keep her in the cabin, $225 to check her in the cargo hold. And it's so worth it for her to not be in the big, noisy, terrifying cargo hold alone.

Now to talk to the vet about possible sedatives. Yes? No? The second leg of the journey is 11 hours, so I'm not sure how restless she's going to get. Maybe just stuffing a kong with something really difficult will be good enough.

1 comment:

  1. FWIW, my mom has taken several long car trips (cross-country moves) with cats, both sedated and non-sedated. She said that EVERYone was happier with the cats sedated.

    I know dogs are a different story, but when you're looking at more than 4-5 hours in a row of being cooped up, I'd think a sedative makes a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete